I have encountered with a lot of bad apples in group projects. I have had experience with people that do not show up in meetings, do not do their part properly, are lazy, are not interested in the class, do not listen to other ideas rather than its own even though it's wrong, get distracted with cellphone/laptop, use the computer to their personal stuff rather than searching for information, etc.
There was one time that I was in a group project with a guy that would play game in his laptop in a group meeting outside class. It was a group of four, but we felt it was of three. Whenever we asked his opinion, he would be lost and we would have to repeat everything that we have said. And after all that, he would say, "sounds good to me", giving the impression that he was not really listening to us. We would try to get him involved, but at one point a team member got tired of that and talked to him about his behavior. He did not happen to change, so our group had to talk to the professor, and at the end he was excluded from the group.
I believe that people should be given second change, for them to change and to get to track. However, too many second changes ruin the entire purpose of the meeting and get team members frustrated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment